Sunday 15 November 2009

New Year's Day at Brooklands Museum

A fellow Pistonheads member has just reminded me about the wonderful New Year's Day event at Brooklands Museum. This really is something very special, with visitors from all over the country bringing their rare, vintage, or exotic vehicles to what is the most perfect setting. Brooklands is a museum both indoors and out - you'll notice the old aeroplanes dotted about - these lend so much character and interest to the day.

I realised that I had a set of pictures from this year's event, so I'm posting them rather late in the day, but hopefully they'll give you a flavour of what you can expect if you do decide to get up early on 1st January 2010.


















I wasn't in the mood to lug around a bag of pro kit on this occasion - all the shots were taken with my old but much loved miniature handbag camera. I always try to carry a little point-and-shoot with me, just in case.

See our main site here.

3 comments:

  1. I wish i was as good with a camera those pictures are remarkable Hans

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what camera you always seem to capture wonderful images I particularly like the quality of the lighting and subtle colour work.
    Hethelred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much indeed for the kind comment. We were quite lucky with the lighting that day, there were no harsh shadows to contend with and the nature of the location added greatly to the atmosphere. The freezing temperatures were a limiting factor though, so fingers crossed this Friday will be better!

    ReplyDelete