Friday 8 January 2010

Winter Wonderland

The snows have hit Sussex badly in the last few days (I dread to think how people in Scotland and some other regions are coping) and the small estate where I live is impassable by car and dangerous by foot. Our roads are deserted and many of the country lanes where I live are suffering from fallen or bending trees - many of which are lying at or below head height. This is terrible for many workers and inconvenient at best for others. I'm supposed to be attending the annual SWPP international photographers convention in London next week, but it's looking increasingly unlikely that I'll get there, unless a taxi is able to collect me on a neighbouring B road, and the trains are running.

Today a walk to the village was a necessity, so I decided to load up with a camera and document my excursion.











Visit our main site here.

4 comments:

  1. Stunning pics! Monochrome always seems to suit snow, but the colour and contrast of the bench photo is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photography of snow covered trees, berries, leaves, fir tree branch weighed down with snow, and the dog.... enjoying itself and being a perfect model... an absolute Winter Wonderland with brilliant photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as bad as it is in Yorkshire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone - Huw I agree that snow scenes look great in monochrome, a decent sky helps, otherwise I'm all for a graduated ND.

    ReplyDelete