Sunday 13 September 2009

Leonardslee Gardens

I think we'd all agree that life is more enjoyable when we have some company. These certainly make a change from the usual deer and rabbits:




Leonardslee Gardens lie just outside the village of Cowfold in West Sussex, and are a joy whenever we have one of those 'I must get away or I'll go mental' moments. With several lakes and ponds and beautifully landscaped gardens, it's a real treat, but it's the wildlife that makes it a unique place for me. I was hoping to catch some late summer flowers, but was a little late. Nevermind, the walk alone was worth the short journey from home. You can find Leonardslee here.


On the way back to the main areas I passed an enclosure for breeding pairs, and this adorable baby came and greeted me - she was about the size of a Hare:


The sculpture garden has some quite unique pieces, if you think this lady would look good in your yard she's yours for about a thousand pounds:



Find our main website at here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos - shame Leonardslee isn't going to remain open to the public when the new owner takes over. Wonder what will happen to the wallabies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting - I agree it will be an awful shame to see the place closed to the public. I heard the rumours some time ago and forgot to get an update when I was there. I'll need to go back and say goodbye to the wallabies.

    ReplyDelete