Sunday 6 September 2009

Wakehurst Place











National Trust devotees will need little introduction to Wakehurst, situated in the Sussex countryside not far from Haywards Heath and just outside of the historic village of Lindfield. With acres of lawns, formal gardens, woodland, and lakes, this really is a fascinating and very beautiful place to explore. I was hoping to catch some of the late summer flowers but the outing was mostly about testing a new lens, the Tamron 24-75 f2.8. I don't normally favour third party lenses (being a strictly Canon studio) but so many people have recommended this one to me that at just a few hundred pounds it certainly is one worth having. Canon's equivalent, the 24-70L, is a fantastic lens, but too heavy for me to drag around on outings which involve a lot of walking, especially when I'm already carrying two other 'L' lenses in my bag. The Tamron proved every bit as good as its hype, and is certainly the most contrasty lens I've ever shot with (requiring a few changes to the editing process), but I hope you enjoy the samples.


Find our main site here.

1 comment:

  1. Most amazing photographs - I haven't enjoyed anything like this in years. The atmosphere in some of these photographs creates a feeling of actually being there, in the past, with the presence of long gone inhabitants.
    Fascinating - please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete