Sunday 4 October 2009

Maserati Magnifica

Somebody asked me recently why I shoot cars, and buildings. I am, after all, a portrait and wedding photographer. Well, if I just shot people I think I'd soon run out of motivation and new ideas. I'm pretty sure I'd also run out of income. I've asked some of the photographers I admire what they do, and they are by and large the same. One shoots stunning interiors for some well known high-end estate agents. One shoots food for gourmet restaurants. It all keeps the creativity flowing. And so I found myself back at Goodwood this month shooting 'Maserati Magnifica', this month's Breakfast Club theme. Of course it wasn't all Maseratis, anything with an Italian flavour was welcome. And what a turnout it was.

It was a little dull and cloudy early on, but soon turned into a beautiful day. There were countless Maseratis, Ferraris, Lambos, and a selection of the most wonderful scooters. One of the Harley Davidson clubs turned up which was interesting too. In fact I was closely scrutinizing, and photographing, a wonderful leather jacket worn by lady motorcyclist and we soon got talking, and I was treated to a run around the showground upon the most beautiful Harley I've ever laid eyes on. It was like floating on air.

As always, the organic bacon and egg rolls were flowing (a Goodwood institution) and by 9am the public were starting to stream in, cars were still arriving late into the morning and photographers were jostling for the best view of the exotica. You'll never get a totally clean shot at an event like this (why would you want to?) but if you stand or crouch quietly you'll get your moment. A little patience is all it takes.
























Find our main site here.

3 comments:

  1. Maserati Magnifica photographs are amazing. The detail on the dashboard photos re: 1910 Lancia, Alfa, Scooters etc. is fantastically clear, love the Alfaholics photo,I could have been standing looking at them myself, they are so true to life. Dogs certainly liked being 'models' their owners must be delighted with the results. Finally, wow... The Goodwood Organic Breakfast roll looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos of fantastic cars, Fiatrati, Alfaholics, super bikes, huge array of headlamps on one bike, very impressive. Dogs... owners very special pets, beautifully photographed. These photos are an absolute joy to look at, I felt I had actually been a part of a super day there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics, especially the Boxer peeking over the top of the table!

    ReplyDelete